Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pecan Pie


This is definitely not a diet food....
And this super sticky pecan pie is packed with buttery caramelised pecans which obviously will make you eat more than one slice...
This is my first time ate and made it and maybe you will ask " is this a perfect pecan pie ?" I cannot answer it but  surely which one bite in , change my life for the better....
for those who never taste it , I will suggest you to make it and surely you'll fall in love like I do..
I have found so many recipes and at last I choose recipe from Gimmesomeoven and I have tweaked a little bit and the results ... super owesome as it is less sweet which I liked... this recipe definitely a keeper

Pecan Pie
Adapted from: Gimmesomeoven

  • 1 pie crust- partially pre-baked ( I used recipe from Joy Of baking )
  • 1 cup granulated sugar ( I used 1/2 cup)
  • 1 cup light corn syrup ( I used 3/4 cup)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter (113g)
  • 2 cups pecans (plus extras to line the top, if desired)

Method:

Partially pre-bake a pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan according to instructions, then heat oven to 175C

In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and cinnamon; add eggs and whisk until smooth.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until the butter turns brown and fragrant. Slowly pour butter into the sugar mixture, and whisk to combine. Stir in chopped pecans, then pour filling into the prepared pie crust. If desired, line the top of the filling with extra pecans.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until the filling is set. If the edges of the crust begin to turn too brown, briefly remove the pie from the oven and cover the crust with a pie crust shield or loosely wrap with aluminum foil, then return to the oven. Once the filling is set, remove the pie and let cool completely on cooling rack, 3 to 4 hours, before slicing.

 My way of rewarding myself after hard day work( I mean house chores he..he..).... simply divine...

1 comment:

David said...

I am so much promptessay.com excited after reading your blog:)