Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cravings for Macarons .....apakah???


Assalamualaikum...

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all my muslim friends....

I'm now 30 weeks pregnant....and cravings to eat these little diva again but my perut yang memboyot has restrained me to have it and making it....and plus I'm afraid that if I'm taking too much sugary things I'll have the gestational diabetes...oh tidak benda nilah yg paling saya takut....and maybe my macaronthon will resume after my confinement session...Insyallah
And in mean time I just have to look and drool at my previous bake....

Not every body likes macarons and I know it for fact.Me myself was not a macarons fan at first and I find it too sweet for my liking.My first encounter with this cute dainty diva is when my good baking friend has gave to me a box of colourful macarons with varieties of filling that she had bought from a local baker .....and yup it was soooo sweet I had my eyes rolling....and my DH just forget even to nib on it....and that's it I told myself not to touch macarons again...full stop.....until I've tasted macarons made by my SIL and it's like love at a first sight...it's sweet but not that tooo sweet and her secret is Jill Collona's book- Mads about Macarons


Picture from Google

When asked what is my fav flavour...it will be chocolate with no doubt....I find that the bittersweet( I love to use Lindt Dark chocolate with 65% cocoa solid) taste in cocoa fillings blends down the sweetness of the shell...it marries perfectly...as for now my macarons is french method but I would love to try swiss and italian methods as to upgrade my baking repertoire....

I thinks that's it for the macarons talk....merepek banyak-banyak buat saya makin teringin nak makan hu..hu..

No comments: