Thursday, November 10, 2011

Congo Bars

I have seen these congo bars at my favourite site Bakerella and was a little bit of apprehensive to make it because of the amount of sugar used in it .Then I saw it again at The Kitchen Guardian and after reading the verdicts from her, I know that I have to make it.

The taste is like between brownies & chocolate chips cookies...chewy & crunchier.....
My verdict for theese bars....yummy!! and basically I can't stop munching at just one,I just go for next  and next... he..he...



Perfectly for favor gift..... these to be given to my friend...Lynn

I sourced the recipe from The Kithen Guardian (thanks Kak Yani)
Congo Bars
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter,( I used Tatura salted)
1 lb light brown sugar,( I used 250g only)
3 large eggs (I used 4 eggs gred C)
1 tsp vanilla
11.5 oz milk chocolate chip,( I used 200g mix of Van Houtan Choc Chip & Belgium Choc Buttons)
1 cup pecans, ( I used almond nibs-toasted)
Methods:
-Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
-Stir brown sugar and softened butter, stir until all butter disappears and well incorporated.
-Add eggs one at a time, stir well. Add vanilla.
-Add chocolate chips and nuts, mix well.
-Add dry mixture ie flour, baking powder and salt.
Bake in a 13/9 inch pan at 170 degrees Celcius for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden. Like baking Brownies, never over bake or you will have a hard brownie!

No comments: